Pate Sucree / Tart Crust
Make this perfect pate sucree full of flavor and a perfect texture to create cream tart.
- 2.5 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 0.5 Cups Almond flour
- 1.5 Cups Powder Sugar
- 1 Cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 pinch Salt (1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 Egg Yolks
- In a clean bowl put the powder sugar and the butter. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the powder sugar.
- Add the almond flour and salt and mix them in with the pastry cutter.
- Add the egg, egg yolks and vanilla extract. Mix them together with the pastry cutter.
- Mix in the all purpose flour until you get a smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a piece of saran wrap and refrigerate for one hour before using it.
- Roll it out and cut the shape you will be using or place it in the tart mold.
- Bake at 350 F for about 16 minutes or until edges are starting to turn gold.
- Let it cool completely before decorating
If your dough becomes to soft, place it back in the fridge for about 15 minutes until you can work with it again.
If you are making tart shells poke the dough with a fork so it does not build air in between the baking pan and the shell.