Perfect Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Make a perfect Swiss meringue buttercream to fill and frost your cakes. This recipe is perfect to create different flavors of buttercream for fillings and to get sharp edges on your cakes.
- 12 oz egg whites
- 18 oz Granulated Sugar
- 2 pinch Cream of Tartar optional
- 2 lb unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs Vanilla extract
- On a clean mixing bowl combine the sugar, egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Place the mixing bowl over a double boiler (simmering water). Water should not touch the mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixture constantly. Check for granules and keep on stirring until no granules are present and the mixture temperature reaches 155 F.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the heat and place it in the mixer. Using the whip attachment, whip up the meringue until it is close to stiff peaks and the bowl is cool to the touch.
- With the mixer at medium speed, add the cubed butter and keep on mixing until the buttercream becomes thick.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix together. Buttercream is ready to use.
Butter and Egg Whites should be at room temperature.
Serving: 1.8KgCalories: 5716kcalCarbohydrates: 130gProtein: 345gFat: 4934gCholesterol: 3969mgSugar: 6.45gVitamin A: 38000IUVitamin C: 203.8mgCalcium: 780mgIron: 26.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!