Pistachio Cake from scratch.
Tender, flavorful and mouthwatering pistachio cake made from scratch. It has a beautiful crumb to it combined with the tiny little pieces of crunchy pistachios which make it perfect to enjoy anytime, even if it is not for a wedding.
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter or 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream or tartar
- 1 cup of shelled pistachios.
- Peel the pistachios and grind them in a food processor and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the grind pistachios and set aside.
- Cream your butter and sugar.
- Add the two whole eggs and the vanilla to the creamed butter and mix them together until well combined. Scrape your bowl to mix everything evenly.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk to the butter mixture in 3 steps, alternating the dry and wet ingredients.
- On a separate bowl, whip the egg whites and the cream of tartar until fluffy ( medium peaks).
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the cake batter.
- Put the batter in three greased and floured pans and bake for about 45 minutes at 350°F (177 °C) or until you insert a tooth pick in the cake and it comes out clean.
- Let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes and then another 20 min. on a cooling rack out of the pans.
- Once they are completely cool you can start decorating it with your icing or some powder sugar.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!